Instead of cooking soups all day on the stove - which, I certainly can’t deny, creates a heavenly, homey aroma - you simply blend a few whole food ingredients together with spices and hot water. The spices warm you up from the inside out and you feel satisfied with the nourishing bowl of goodness you just enjoyed. The colors are always outstanding, as a plus. But then, aren’t they always with raw food?
Beet and Avocado Soup With Cashew Cream [Vegan]
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 peeled beet
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon peel fresh ginger root (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups hot water (approximately)
- 3 mushrooms
- pinch of salt & pepper
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup soaked, drained cashews with enough water to cover them
- Pinch of cinnamon & salt
- To make the soup: blend everything together in your blender until very smooth. Taste and adapt to your liking. Place in bowls and set aside.
- To make the cashew cream: blend the cashews with the water, salt and cinnamon until creamy. Add a little more water if you don't want it so thick. Change it as you like. Spoon onto your soup and enjoy! I recommend adding some fresh herbs and seeds. I used peppermint and pumpkin seeds but any combination would be lovely.