Instead of cooking soups all day on the stove - which, I certainly can’t deny, creates a heavenly, homey aroma - you simply blend a few whole food ingredients together with spices and hot water. The spices warm you up from the inside out and you feel satisfied with the nourishing bowl of goodness you just enjoyed. The colors are always outstanding, as a plus. But then, aren’t they always with raw food?
Beet and Avocado Soup With Cashew Cream [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Beet and Avocado Soup With Cashew Cream [Vegan]
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 peeled beet
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon peel fresh ginger root (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups hot water (approximately)
- 3 mushrooms
- pinch of salt & pepper
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup soaked, drained cashews with enough water to cover them
- Pinch of cinnamon & salt
How to Prepare Beet and Avocado Soup With Cashew Cream [Vegan]
- To make the soup: blend everything together in your blender until very smooth. Taste and adapt to your liking. Place in bowls and set aside.
- To make the cashew cream: blend the cashews with the water, salt and cinnamon until creamy. Add a little more water if you don't want it so thick. Change it as you like. Spoon onto your soup and enjoy! I recommend adding some fresh herbs and seeds. I used peppermint and pumpkin seeds but any combination would be lovely.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.