Can you believe these Beer-Battered Artichoke Hearts are made with only three ingredients ... and that you probably already have all of them in your pantry right now? If so, what are you waiting for?! They're decadent, delicious, and taken to the next level with a creamy dipping sauce (also just three ingredients!).
Beer-Battered Artichoke Hearts [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Beer-Battered Artichoke Hearts [Vegan]
For the Artichokes:
- 32-ounce bottle of canola oil, for frying
- 2 14-ounce cans of whole artichoke hearts, packed in water
- 1 cup organic unbleached white flour
- 1 cup beer
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Handful of chives, chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
How to Prepare Beer-Battered Artichoke Hearts [Vegan]
- Fill a heavy pot with a whole bottle of canola oil. Heat the oil to 375°F.
- Drain artichokes and pat dry, squeezing slightly any remaining water. Place them on a paper towel so it absorbs the water.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour and beer. Add salt and pepper.
- Once oil is ready, dip artichoke hearts in batter and place in oil. Let them fry 3-5 minutes, flipping them over if need be. Place 4 to 5 artichokes at a time so as not to overcrowd the pot. Repeat the process until all artichoke hearts are fried.
- Place fried artichoke hearts on a plate lined with a paper towel. This will help soak up any excess oil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- For the dipping sauce, mix all ingredients together well. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.