I know cooking fruit on the BBQ sounds kind of strange, but it brings out the natural sugar of the peaches. The balsamic reduction counteracts this sweetness really well. You could also add a dollop of non-dairy whipped cream. Save the leftovers and wrap them up in crepes with a chocolate drizzle and whipped cream. Are you drooling yet?
BBQ Peaches With Balsamic Reduction [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for BBQ Peaches With Balsamic Reduction [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Fresh, ripe peaches
- Olive oil or vegan butter
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar, slowly simmered over a low heat for about 15 minutes, until reduced by at least half, and syrupy in consistency (you could use chocolate-infused one for extra sweetness)
How to Prepare BBQ Peaches With Balsamic Reduction [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Heat the BBQ up to about 300°F.
- Cut the peaches in half, length-wise, and remove the stone. Brush the cut side of the peaches with melted butter or olive oil, to keep them from sticking to the grill.
- Place, cut-side down on the barbecue, and then close the lid. Allow to grill for about 5-10 minutes. You want nice grill marks on them.
- Turn the peaches over, close the lid, and allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove, plate, and drizzle with balsamic reduction before serving.
- Other Sugars
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.