A delicious dessert doesn't need to be complicated. These banana spring rolls are super simple, yet impressive enough to serve guests. Banana is seasoned with cinnamon, wrapped in filo dough, and then baked until warm and flaky and served with a drizzle of chocolate sauce. Once you get the hang of things, try experimenting with the filling by adding peanut butter, chocolate, jelly — anything!
Banana Spring Rolls With Chocolate Sauce [Vegan]
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 package filo pastry
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Icing sugar
- Sunflower oil
- Vegan chocolate ice cream (optional, but recommended)
- Preheat your oven to 390°F. Depending on how big you would like your banana spring rolls, cut the banana into halves or thirds and then cut these pieces into halves again.
- Roll out some filo pastry sheets (cut them to make them about 1/4-1/3 wider than the banana piece), add the banana, and sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
- Roll the banana up with the filo pastry sheets, wet the ends with a bit of water, and fold the ends in. When done baste them with a bit of oil.
- Put them into the oven for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt some chocolate in a double boiler.
- When the spring rolls are done, sprinkle some icing sugar on top and then drizzle the melted chocolate over them. Serve with chocolate ice cream.