This banana mochi cake is just my latest jackpot win using sweet rice flour flour. When blended with a wheat based flour and baked into a cake or quick bread the result is heavenly. This cake is slightly chewy, super moist, substantial, and just plain delicious. I’ve had 6 taste testers so far who all agree!
Banana Mochi Cake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Banana Mochi Cake [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cups whole spelt flour, or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/4 cups sweet rice flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon ground flax seed + ¼ cup water (blended together to thicken for at least 5 minutes)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon instant espresso
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened & unflavored non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
How to Prepare Banana Mochi Cake [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a baking dish (around 8x8-inch) with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients and whisk well.
- In another large mixing bowl combine the wet ingredients, not including the chocolate chips, and mix until smooth.
- Pour the wet into the dry, and mix. Be careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then pour the batter into the greased baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow it to cool for at least 15 minutes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 3988 | Total Carbs: 597 g | Total Fat: 156 g | Total Protein: 56 g | Total Sodium: 2702 g | Total Sugar: 204 g Per Serving: Calories: 332 | Carbs: 50 g | Fat: 13 g | Protein: 5 g | Sodium: 225 mg | Sugar: 17 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.