Here I show you that you can have a tasty raw vegan treat, but it doesn't have to be filled with nuts and coconut oil! Those foods are awesome, but we don't need much of them; only a handful a day. You get just that with this cake. Actually, I'm gonna let you in on a secret - this cake is, for all practical purposes, a smoothie that is frozen in a cake mold. If that makes it seem unappealing to you, pretend I never said it. Blot it out from your mind forever. But if that fact makes it even MORE enticing ... well, you're welcome. I think it's cool. Get it? 'Cause it's frozen? "OMG Em, you are soooo funny!" Aw shucks, you're too kind.
Raw Ice Cream Cake With Matcha, Blueberry, and Vanilla Layers [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Ice Cream Cake With Matcha, Blueberry, and Vanilla Layers [Vegan]
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 5 Medjool dates (optional)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Handful cashews
- Handful dried coconut flakes
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoon coconut nectar or other sweetener
- Handful dried coconut shreds (optional)
How to Prepare Raw Ice Cream Cake With Matcha, Blueberry, and Vanilla Layers [Vegan]
- For each layer: just blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth and very thick! If your blender cannot handle it, add some coconut milk to keep things moving, and keep things creamy (if you add water it'll just make it icy).
- Reserve about 1 tablespoon of the matcha and blueberry mixtures.
- Spread each layer evenly into a 6 inch cake pan (mine is adjustable), with the vanilla layer being on top. Now drop little dots of the matcha and blueberry mixtures onto the top of the cake. Use a toothpick or chopstick and drag the tip through the dots - it makes hearts!
- Freeze until solid. When you wanna serve this, I recommend letting it thaw for a bit so it gets creamy.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.