I dreamt about making this cake, so I figured I better do it in what we like to call "reality" as well. It consists of banana vanilla ice cream, date caramel, and avocado chocolate pudding. I decorated it with bananas and a goji berry coulis for a color contrast, but that's optional. The crust is also optional, it's there to add another texture.
Banana Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream Cake [Vegan]
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1 tablespoon nut milk
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (or 1/2 cup dates + 1/4 cup water)
Banana ice cream
- 3 frozen bananas
- seeds of one vanilla pod
Goji berry coulis
- 1/4 cup dried goji berries
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/8 cup water
- Pulse the nuts in your food processor until they become crumbs, add the dates and process until combined and sticking together.
- Press into the bottom of a spring form pan and set aside.
- Process the ingredients in your food processor until smooth, thick and creamy.
- Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Follow the same instructions for the chocolate pudding and goji berry coulis.
- Blend the bananas and vanilla in your high speed blender until thick, smooth, creamy and white.
- It may take a minute but then it changes into ice cream really fast, so pay attention.
Assemble the Cake
- Spread the ice cream in the bottom of your spring form pan and then spread the caramel over that, mixing it into the ice cream a little with a spatula.
- Then carefully spread the chocolate pudding over this and put in the freezer overnight.
- When it's ready, let it thaw for 20-30 minutes then decorate with the coulis and serve with bananas and other fresh, organic fruit.