I dreamt about making this cake, so I figured I better do it in what we like to call "reality" as well. It consists of banana vanilla ice cream, date caramel, and avocado chocolate pudding. I decorated it with bananas and a goji berry coulis for a color contrast, but that's optional. The crust is also optional, it's there to add another texture.
Banana Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream Cake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Banana Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream Cake [Vegan]
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1 tablespoon nut milk
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (or 1/2 cup dates + 1/4 cup water)
Banana ice cream
- 3 frozen bananas
- seeds of one vanilla pod
Goji berry coulis
- 1/4 cup dried goji berries
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/8 cup water
How to Prepare Banana Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream Cake [Vegan]
- Pulse the nuts in your food processor until they become crumbs, add the dates and process until combined and sticking together.
- Press into the bottom of a spring form pan and set aside.
- Process the ingredients in your food processor until smooth, thick and creamy.
- Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Follow the same instructions for the chocolate pudding and goji berry coulis.
- Blend the bananas and vanilla in your high speed blender until thick, smooth, creamy and white.
- It may take a minute but then it changes into ice cream really fast, so pay attention.
Assemble the Cake
- Spread the ice cream in the bottom of your spring form pan and then spread the caramel over that, mixing it into the ice cream a little with a spatula.
- Then carefully spread the chocolate pudding over this and put in the freezer overnight.
- When it's ready, let it thaw for 20-30 minutes then decorate with the coulis and serve with bananas and other fresh, organic fruit.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.