This Banana Chai Ice Cream with Gingerbread Crumble got me the Runner-Up Award in Living Light’s 2014 Hot Raw Chef Contest. This also makes a great base for Stracciatella Ice Cream (add 2 tablespoons cacao nibs), or Maple Pecan Ice Cream (add 1 tablespoon or more maple syrup and ¼ cup crushed pecans). Enjoy your sundae!
Banana Chai Ice Cream With Gingerbread Crumble [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Banana Chai Ice Cream With Gingerbread Crumble [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¼ cup pitted and roughly chopped dates
- ¼ teaspoon gingerbread spice (or more to taste)
- 2 large pinches Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
- 4 large frozen bananas, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon chai spice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 large pinch Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
How to Prepare Banana Chai Ice Cream With Gingerbread Crumble [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- Put the cashews into a small food processor fitted with an S-blade and process until coarsely ground.
- Add dates, gingerbread spice, and salt. Process again until well combined.
- Put the frozen banana pieces in a food processor fitted with an S-blade. Process for about 20 seconds until the banana starts to turn into ice cream.
- Add chai spice, vanilla powder, and salt to the ice cream. Process again for another 20 seconds or longer until you reach the consistency of your choice.
- Scoop the Banana Chai Ice Cream into individual serving glasses using an ice cream scoop and sprinkle some Gingerbread Crumble on top.
This Gingerbread Crumble will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks in a airtight container in the refrigerator.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.