This vegan banana caramel cheesecake was the ultimate birthday (or summer) treat! It’s sweet, silky smooth, and full of banana flavor. Top it with more gooey dates for even more caramel flavor, and you’ll never go back to “plain” cheesecake! It’s such a great raw, no bake choice for the summertime.
Banana Caramel Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup date paste (15 dates blended with 1 cup hot water, then measure out 1 cup paste)
For the Banana Layer:
- 2 large bananas sliced into coins
For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 2 cups cashews, soaked in a bowl of water at least 3 hours or overnight
- 2 cups Medjool dates
- 1 cup warm water
For the Topping (optional):
- Drizzle more date paste
- Sliced bananas
- In a large bowl, stir together the date paste and almond flour.
- Press the crust mixture evenly into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan, then layer the sliced banana coins evenly on top of the crust. Set in the refrigerator while you make the cheesecake filling.
- To make the cheesecake, put the cashews (drain off the soaking liquid first), dates, and water in a food processor and blend until totally smooth and creamy. This shouldn't take long, maybe 5-10 minutes, and you may need to scrape down the sides halfway through to make sure everything gets blended.
- Pour the cheesecake filling on top of the banana/crust layers and set the cheesecake in the freezer to set. Freeze for at least 5-6 hours.
- Before serving, set the cheesecake out on the counter or in the refrigerator to soften so that you can slice.
- Top with more date paste for extra caramel flavor, or sliced bananas and enjoy!