This is the perfect fall salad - beets and kale and a rich maple tahini dressing. It also pairs well with other dinner dishes. The salad is also quite filling and full of nutrients.
Balsamic-Roasted Beets & Kale Salad with Maple Tahini Dressing [Vegan]
- 3-4 medium-sized beets, peeled and cut into 1/4-1/2" wedges
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- a pinch of sea salt
- about 6 cups of kale, torn into small pieces (I used a mix of leafy purple kale and baby kale)
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon pepitas
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Toss the beets with other ingredients to coat, and spread onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 425°F for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Combine the tahini, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and water in a small bowl. Whisk in the olive oil, and stir in salt.
- Massage about 2 tablespoons of dressing into kale - rubbing the dressing into the leaves for just a few minutes - which softens the kale fibers and makes it more easily digestible. Add remaining dressing and mix through. Top with roasted beets and mixed seeds, and serve.