I had a marinated portobello mushroom in my fridge that was begging to be sautéed and paired with onions, spinach, tomatoes, and crushed cashews to make a mouthwatering meal. So naturally, I obliged and made this awesome combo. The best part? It was ready in minutes…
Balsamic Portobello Cashew Tacos [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Balsamic Portobello Cashew Tacos [Vegan]
- 4 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 large “drizzle” of olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbs agave
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 large portobello mushroom
- 5-6 spinach leaves
- 1/8 c diced tomatoes
- 1/4 c onion (I kept mine in whole circles but you can dice if you’d like for easier measuring)
- 12 or so cashews, coarsely chopped
- 2 corn tortillas (obviously, you can use flour if you would like)
How to Prepare Balsamic Portobello Cashew Tacos [Vegan]
- First things first, make your balsamic vinaigrette. Slice your 1/2 of portobello mushroom and add it to the vinaigrette. Let this sit for at least an hour. Overnight works best.
- Once your mushroom is good and marinated pull it out of the fridge and set aside. Take out 2 small to medium sized skillets. Put both on medium heat. To one, add your onion. You may want to add a drop of olive oil to get the onion good and soft. To the other skillet, toss one of your corn tortillas in it. Flip often to make sure your don’t burn either side of the tortilla. You want a firmer texture that just starts to brown a bit all over. Once your first tortilla is ready toss the other in and repeat these steps.
- Once the onion has softened a bit in the first skillet, add your mushroom. Keep on medium heat until onion and mushroom are piping hot, then take off burner and set aside.
- Now its time to prepare your masterpiece. Take both heated tortillas and lay flat on your plate. Place spinach on first as the base of your taco. Next add mushroom, onions, and diced tomato. For your finishing touch, and an added crunch, sprinkle your crushed cashews on top.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.