Tofu is marinated in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and plenty of fresh Italian herbs and garlic before being beautifully grilled. Keep things simple by putting the grilled tofu on a lightly toasted crostini with a splash more of marinade and a dash of salt. Perfect for serving as an appetizer!
Balsamic Grilled Tofu Crostini [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 7 ounces of tofu
- 2 large slices of wholemeal bread (gluten-free bread if necessary)
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Prepare the marinade for the tofu by mixing together oil, balsamic vinegar, parsley, oregano, chili, lime, and salt. Add the clove of garlic.
- Cut the tofu into two thick slices and leave it marinated for at least an hour.
- Heat a grill and gently grill the bread. Remove and keep aside.
- Grill the tofu about 3 minutes per side. Serve it with a little marinade and add another pinch of salt if necessary.