These Baked Fingerling Potato Rounds are a healthier way to enjoy French fries. Plus, this quick recipe is easier to make and is great as a side dish or a snack. Use unrefined, virgin coconut oil for a serving of healthy fat.
Fingerling Potato Rounds [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Fingerling Potato Rounds [Vegan]
- 1 Bag Fingerling Potatoes, yellow or assorted, see note
- 1 tbsp. to 2 tbsp. Unrefined, Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- Coarse Ground Himalayan Salt
- Fresh Pressed Garlic
- Fresh Rosemary, minced
- Chipotle Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, or Chili Powder
- Jalapeno Pepper, minced
- Parmesan Reggiano, freshly grated
- Nutritional Yeast
How to Prepare Fingerling Potato Rounds [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to roast setting at 550ºF or as hot as your oven will go.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice each finger potato with a sharp knife, cutting thin sections or slices but stopping near the bottom of each potato. Do not slice potato all the way through. Slices or sections will separate during cooking.
- If using optional additions, whisk into the coconut oil. Except for cheese or nutritional yeast. Sprinkle those on top of the potatoes before baking. Brush the top of each potato with coconut oil, pushing a little of the oil down between each of the sections. Top with coarse grated salt.
- Put baking sheet in oven and roast until potatoes are tender in the middle and slightly browned and crispy on the edges.
You can also use full size potatoes, simply increase cooking time.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.