This fusion recipe takes the tasty spiced potatoes of Indian cuisine and delivers it in the form of a flaky Latin-style taquito. That's right, warm and zesty potatoes wrapped in a tortilla and then baked to crispy perfection. What an epic combination! Serve these with some vegan ranch dressing to balance out the spices or serve with salsa to keep the Latin theme going.
Baked Samosa Flautas [Vegan]
- 5 small potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoon fenugreek
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 8 vegan tortillas of your choice
- Salt, to taste
- Vegan ranch (optional)
- Chop and boil 5 small potatoes for about 25-35 minutes.
- Drain potatoes once soft and mash with the vegan butter.
- Put all of the spices in a small bowl. Mix well then add to the mashed potatoes.
- Grease your baking sheet with 2 1/2 tablespoons oil.
- Place 8 tortillas on a plate and stuff them with the potato filling.
- Roll up the tortilla then roll them in the baking sheet oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake seam side down for 25 minutes at 400°F. Serve.
- Potato Recipes