Creamy cheesecake is baked inside a juicy and tender apple, and drizzled with caramel sauce in this innovative dessert!
Baked Cheesecake Stuffed Apples [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 small apples, carefully hollowed
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked 2-4 hours
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 pitted Medjool dates, soaked 10 minutes in hot water if not soft
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour – soft set. Or 2 tablespoons coconut flour for a firmer set cheesecake. Leave it out for an oozy cream cheese filling
- Optional, for topping: chopped pecans, walnuts, almonds, raisins, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves
- Vegan caramel sauce, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place hollowed apples on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Add cashews, water, lemon juice, dates, vanilla, and salt to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. A regular blender might work too, be sure to soak your cashews and blend from low to high. You may have to add another tablespoon or two of water, as needed, or stop and use a spatula to scrape down the sides. Taste and add more lemon juice if desired.
- Add desired amount of coconut flour to the blender and blend again on low to mix the flour in thoroughly.
- Before adding cheesecake to the apples, add any optional ingredients, a few raisins, sprinkle of coconut sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, or a teaspoon or two of chopped nuts, to the hollowed apples. Then add the cheesecake, filling the hollow evenly to the top of the apple.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, until apples are tender and juicy. Top with chopped nuts and caramel sauce.