Don't throw away that avocado seed! This energizing green smoothie recipe is absolutely jam-packed with antioxidants. Using ground avocado seed as well as matcha powder, this smoothie may literally give you superpowers — or just a lot of energy to help you get through the morning.
Avocado Seed Smoothie [Vegan]
- 1 banana
- 1/2 lemon, peeled and de-seeded
- 1 1/3-inch piece ginger, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon ground organic avocado seed
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 cup baby spinach, cleaned and rinsed
- Coconut water, enough to reach your desired consistency
- A handful of ice
To Prep the Avocado Seed:
- Pat the avocado seed dry and set it on a windowsill that receives a lot of light, about 2 days.
- After drying for two days, you should be able to use a knife to split the seed in half. Let it dry for another 2 days. The inside of the seed should be a pinky tone. If it is black, discard it.
- After about 4 days of drying, the shell of the seed should come off easily. Finally, chop the seed up and pulverize it in a blender.
To Make the Smoothie:
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until your desired consistency is reached.
- Add more coconut water for a thinner smoothie, or less for a thicker one.
- Serve in your favorite mason jar or glass.
- Enjoy the energy that follows.