Creamy avocado, spicy/sweet tempeh, and fresh veggies, this super-filling sandwich is just what you need to get you through your day.
Avocado and Maple-Glazed Tempeh Sandwich [Vegan]
- 10 paper-thin slices of tempeh
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 bread rolls or 4 slices of bread
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lime
- 1 small chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- Handful of leafy greens
- 2 tablespoons sweet mustard
- Preheat oven to 356°F
- Combine maple syrup, tamari, olive oil, garlic powder, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
- Place tempeh slices on a baking tray and brush both sides with the marinade. Bake for about 20 minutes, turning them over once halfway through baking time.
- Meanwhile, slice the bread rolls, spread one spoon of (sweet) mustard on the top half of each, and then half of an avocado with a squeeze of lime juice on the bottom half. Add tomatoes, chili, leafy greens, and the warm and crispy tempeh slices too. Enjoy!