This autumn cream sauce features so many delicious ingredients. All the combined ingredients harmonize and complement each other in this amazing cream sauce.
Autumn Cream Sauce [Vegan]
- 2 1/4 cups of pumpkin (of the variety you prefer and weighed with peel if bio, otherwise without peel)
- 1/2 cup of decorticated red lentils
- 2 leaves of cabbage
- 1 small leek (including the green part)
- 1 carrot
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch of untreated untreated sea salt
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 4 teaspoons of unpasteurized miso
- 1/2 or 1 tablespoon of ginger juice (depending on how much you like the spicy)
- water to taste
- puffed quinoa (optional) fresh parsley to decorate
- Brush the pumpkin well under the cold water jet, then cut into regular chunks. Cut the leek into small pieces.
- Cut the cabbage into strips that are not too thin.
- Cut the carrot into thick pieces.
- Rinse the lentils well in cold water in a thick mesh strainer.
- Brush the ginger and grate it with the peel, squeeze the pulp obtained with the hands to obtain the juice.
- In a thick-bottomed pan, heat the oil with the aromas and brown the pumpkin adding a pinch of salt. Insert in sequence: carrot, leek and finally the cabbage adding 1 pinch of salt for each vegetable. Smash often with a wooden spoon to prevent the vegetables from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- After a few minutes add the lentils and cover everything with cold water. Cover and lower the heat to a minimum by cooking until the vegetables are very soft.
- Blend everything and turn the heat off add the miso melted 1/2 cup of warm water. Add the ginger juice and serve with the blown quinoa and parsley (as an alternative to the toasted whole wheat bread).