Bursting with flavor, these Asian roasted Brussels sprouts with are great on their own, paired with grains or as a side dish to an entrée. The soft vegetables seasoned with mirin, tamari, and sesame oil contrast perfectly with the crunchy cashews. They're so, you'll want to make another batch straight away! Season to taste with chili for an extra kick.
Asian Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Cashews [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1.1 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 handfuls cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lime juice
- Chili flakes, to taste
- A small bunch of fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Clean Brussels sprouts. Remove any damaged leaves. Cut them in half and place on a roasting tray. Drizzle all over with olive oil.
- Roast for about 30 minutes giving vegetables a stir after 15 minutes or so, so they cook evenly.
- At the last 10 minutes add the cashews on top of the roasting tray.
- In the meantime make dressing by mixing in together tamari soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, crushed garlic, lime juice, and sugar. Add chili flakes to taste.
- When done, transfer the Brussels sprouts and cashew to a bowl. Toss well with the dressing. Add a generous amount of chopped coriander.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve straight away.
- Brussels Sprouts