Crumble is a classic, and is the perfect chilly autumn evening pudding. The crumble topping is made with coconut and hazelnuts. This crumble topping is so good and you can totally swap the apples out for whatever fruit is local and seasonal to you. There's nothing better than classic apples and desserts!
Apple, Coconut and Hazelnut Crumble [Vegan]
For the fruit:
- 6 apples
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pinch of ground cloves
For the crumble:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup halved blanched hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Peel and core the apples. Then cut into small chunks. Place into a large saucepan with the water, maple syrup, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Simmer on a low heat, for 5-10 minutes until soft but so the apples are still holding their shape.
- Meanwhile place the coconut flour and butter in a large bowl. Rub the flour and butter together until it forms larger crumble pieces. Add the oats, coconut, hazelnuts and maple syrup and mix. Place into the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- Place the apples into the two dishes equally. flatten the apples down so there are less large spaces between the fruit. Place the crumble mixture on top.
- Cover the dishes with tin foil and place into the oven for 20 minutes at 392°F. After 20 minutes remove from the oven and take off the foil. Place back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes, until the crumble topping is nicely browned.