This is such a cute snack and a nice change of pace from pretzels and chips. The pasta crisps up and the flavors remind me a little of an Italian-style cheese cracker. This recipe and many more can be found in Kathy Hester's "Vegan Cooking In Your Air Fryer." Available on Amazon!
Air Fryer Bow Tie Pasta Chips [Vegan]
- 2 cups dry whole wheat bow tie pasta (use brown rice pasta to make it gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or use aquafaba for oil-free option)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook the pasta for 1/2 the time called for on the package. Toss the drained pasta with olive oil or aquafaba, nutritional yeast, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Place about half of the mixture in your air fryer basket if yours is small; larger ones may be able to do cook in one batch.
- Cook on 390°F for 5 minutes. Shake the basket and cook 3 to 5 minutes more or until crunchy.
- Note: These will crisp up more as they cool.