Chips and dip get a healthy, even more delicious twist in this recipe! Rich sweet potato pairs perfectly with this adzuki bean hummus to keep you full. Tahini, salt, pepper, and garlic give the dip a flavorful kick, while added kale leaves give you a healthful dose of green veggies.
Adzuki Bean and Kale Hummus With Sweet Potato Chips [Vegan, Gluten Free]
For the Sweet Potato Chips:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced 1/8-inch thick lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons mild paprika
For the Hummus:
- 1/2 cup adzuki beans, cooked
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 large kale leaves, about 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/5 cup water
For the Topping:
- Crispy garlic adzuki beans
- Olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Sea salt flakes, to taste
To Make the Sweet Potato Chips:
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix sliced sweet potatoes, olive oil, paprika, and a few pinches of sea salt and pepper until all potatoes are evenly coated.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes, then flip over and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and transfer to a new baking sheet or large platter. Let potatoes cool in a single layer. It’s important that the potatoes cool in a single layer and not placed on top of one another – this will prevent them from getting soggy and help to maintain the crispiness.
To Make the Hummus:
- In a blender or food processor, add the adzuki beans, kale, garlic, tahini, sea salt, and some pepper to taste. Be sure to reserve a handful of adzuki beans for serving. Blend for 1 minute.
- Add the water, lemon juice and blend on high speed for 2 minutes, until the hummus is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with roasted adzuki beans, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt.
To Make the Topping:
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a frying pan. Add 1 chopped garlic clove and the remaining unused adzuki beans. Sauté for 1-2 minutes until crispy.