Oats and coconut collide in these amazing coconut oatmeal cookies! These are naturally vegan, perfectly sweet, chewy, and full of amazing coconut flavour!
1 Bowl Coconut Oatmeal Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted/softened
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat, and set aside.
- To a large bowl, add all dry ingredients (oats, flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) and stir to combine.
- To the dry mixture, add melted coconut oil, 3 tablespoons of water, vanilla extract.
- Stir everything together until oil and water are incorporated.
- Fold in shredded coconut.
- At this point, the mixture should be fairly crumbly, but will stay together if you press it between your fingers. If your mixture does not stay together, add another tablespoon of water and mix.
- Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll into a ball in your hands, then flatten slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 7-8 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for about a minute, then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.