If you’re trying to stick to a plant-based diet, cravings can be a real challenge. But one way to help manage cravings is to try volume eating. Nutrition Babe on TikTok is registered dietitian and raves about this abundant approach to meal time.
@nutritionbabe Love a good Bangin Babaganoush!!! #volumeeating #volumeeater #volumeeatingrecipes #volumeeatingsnacks #volumeeatinghack #volumeeaters #dietitiantok #dieititian #weightlosstransformation ♬ original sound – NutritionBabe
Volume eating is a type of eating that focuses on consuming large amounts of food that are low in calories and high in fiber, such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. The idea behind volume eating is that it helps to fill you up without consuming too many calories.
For people on a plant-based diet, volume eating can be especially helpful for those who have a bigger appetite and find themselves grazing the kitchen for snacks after meals. Some days your portion sizes might be bigger, while other days, they are smaller and that’s okay. Our appetite naturally fluctuates and balances itself out at the end of the day. Volume eating is really about being intuitive with your body and focusing on health and abundance rather than restriction.
Plant foods are an excellent choice for volume eating, as they are naturally low in calories and high in fiber. Fiber is especially important when it comes to volume eating, as it helps to slow down digestion and keep you feeling full for longer. Plant-based foods are the richest sources of dietary fiber. Some good sources of fiber include: Whole grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds. Eating a variety of these foods can help you get the full range of benefits that fiber can offer.
- A Guide to Understanding and Managing Your Food Cravings
- The Origins of Cravings and Methods to Conquer Them
- All About Fiber: How Much is Too Much?
- Guide to Weekly Plant-Based Meal Plans: By Diet Type
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.