Making pizza at home can seem a bit daunting, but know that it’s a pretty simple process once you get the hang of it! Making homemade pizza is a great way to explore different flavor combinations or try unique toppings, and can be healthier since you control how much salt you add or what sort of flour you use. The most important thing about homemade pizzas is the crust and the sauce. And conquering your pizza crust can help level up your homemade pizza game.
This guide focuses on how to make your own pizza crusts, along with recipes for all sorts of pizzas, from deep dish pizzas to cauliflower crust pizzas. And, if you’ve got extra pizza dough on hand, there are a few recipes for what you can create with it.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
This week, we’re bringing delicious, fully vegan, and plant-based ways to make and enjoy homemade pizza!
Homemade Pizza Doughs and Crusts
Source: Wholemeal Pizza Dough
Making your own pizza at home can be a bit daunting, but really, it’s all excellent homemade pizzas starts with the sauce and the dough! These pizza doughs are perfect to get you started in making your own dough, especially if you’re new to it. And don’t worry if your dough isn’t perfect; your pizza might turn out amazing!
- Wholemeal Pizza Dough by Madison Butler
- Parsley Sesame Pizza Dough Twists by Anupama Paliwal
- Whole Wheat Pizza Dough by Nikki Stokes
- Whole Wheat Sourdough Pizza Crust by Travis Piper
- Wholegrain Pizza Crust by Namita Tiwari
Straightforward Homemade Pizzas
Source: Deep Dish Pizza
These pizzas are the pizza recipes you’re looking for if you’re looking to do a pretty solid, side-by-side copy cat of restaurant pizza, but at home. These doughs use dough from white flour and yeast that you can shape to create thin crust or deep dish pizza. You can even make your own sauce!
- Summer Pesto Pizza by Myra Goodman
- Rustic Roasted Vegetable Pizza by Ross Bearman, Great Taste Judge and Founder of Ross & Ross Gifts
- Tomato and Basil Pizza by Hayley Canning
- Deep Dish Pizza by Francesca Bonadonna
- Chicago Deep Dish Pizza With Cashew Mozzarella by Megan Sadd
Alternative Pizzas and Pizza Crusts
Source: Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza
These healthy pizzas use different flours and even beans to create pizza crusts. These options allow you create all sorts of pizza crusts to fit your dietary needs! Plus, these pizzas are a great way to fit in more nutrients into your meal!
- Healthy Spelt Pizza by Lena Novak
- Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza by Harriet Porterfield
- Walnut Polenta Pizza Crust by Molly Patrick
- Potato Pizza Crust by Robin
- Lentil Pizza Crust by Kyra Howearth
- Buckwheat Groat Almond Pizza Crust by Robin
- Gluten-Free Pizza Crust With Nut-Free Cheese by Jana Kastner
Cauliflower Pizza Crusts
Source: Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Did you know you can create a pizza crust using cauliflower? It’s a great way to make a gluten-free or gluten-friendly crust, plus adds an extra serving of vegetables in your meal!
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza by Lena Novak
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza by Olivia Budgen
- Pink Pizza With Cauliflower Crust by Hannah Sunderani
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza by Pavani Nandula
Other Things to Do with Pizza Dough
Source: Pizza Dough Cinnamon Rolls
If you’ve got extra dough on hand, these recipes are perfect to use! Plus, if you’re looking for a quick dessert that uses homemade dough, these recipes are wonderful to try out.
- Pizza Dough Cinnamon Rolls by Kristina Jug & Mitja Bezenšek
- Pizza Dough Breadsticks with Caramelized Onion Cashew Dip by Allie Penner
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.