The hardest part of the week is choosing what to have for dinner. You might be coming home after work or feel uninspired to get into the kitchen after a long day. Dinner can seem impossible, but with these meals, you’ll be able to come home to a delicious and flavorful dinner. These meals are ones you can either make the day of or meal prep to have for the week.
The best part about burgers, pasta, and pizza is that they are easy to warm up and eat. This makes them the perfect weeknight dinner, and since there are so many variations of making each, you’ve got a lot of variety to choose from. You could whip up some delicious chickpea burgers or make an easy tomato and basil pizza! Feel free to double the recipe to feed more people or make extras!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
This week, we’re bringing delicious, fully vegan, and plant-based ways to enjoy making weeknight dinners!
Source: Quinoa and Chickpea Burgers With Burger Sauce
The best part about making burgers for dinner is great because it feels like you’re eating out, but you’re eating in! Plus, there’s so many plant-based burger options to choose from, from using chickpeas to black beans. You can also use a vegan meat substitute, as well.
- Crispy Chickpea Burgers by Caroline Doucet
- Quinoa and Chickpea Burgers With Burger Sauce by VBQ: The Ultimate Vegan Barbecue Cookbook by Nadine Horn and Jörg Mayer
- Italian Chickpea Burgers by Wholesome LLC
- Hummus Chickpea Burgers by Kristina Jug & Mitja Bezenšek
Source: Pesto Garden Pizza
Pizza makes a wonderful dinner to eat during the week, and if you make extra, you can warm it up to enjoy it during the week. Plant-based pizza is easy to make because all you need is the sauce, veggies, and vegan cheese. If you don’t have any on hand, you can use a vegan pesto or make a cashew cheese!
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza by Lena Novak
- Tomato and Basil Pizza by Hayley Canning
- Pesto Garden Pizza by Dominique Ebra
- Healthy Spelt Pizza by Lena Novak
Source: Italian White Bean and Pasta Stew
The best part about pasta is that if you make a bunch of it, you’ll have enough to last for another meal or two. Pasta makes an excellent weeknight dinner because you can add your favorite vegetables into the sauce, or even bulk up the meal by using high-protein pasta. Also, if you’re feeling like adding a bit more flavor to your pasta, try adding some spices or some hot sauce!
- Italian White Bean and Pasta Stew by Nisha Vora
- Plant Protein Pasta Salad Bowl by Zuzana Fajkusova and Nikki Lefler
- One Pot Creamy Tuscan Kale Pasta by Shanika Graham-White
- 15-Minute Lentil Tomato Pasta by Caroline Doucet
- Orange Citrus Pesto Pasta by Tiffani Thompson and Larone Thompson
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!