Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The best thing about eating a wide variety of plants is the color. Now, you can definitely grab fruits and veggies in their natural form and munch on them that way, but using other methods to add a pop of color to a dish can be show-stopping and might have your loved ones wondering how you accomplished such colorful food. These meals are ones that add that pop of color using natural food dyes such as turmeric, spirulina, matcha, and beetroot.
If you’re looking for more ideas on how to make your food pop with color and the nutritional benefits of it, check out 8 Smoothie Supplements That Are Nutrient Dense And Taste Delicious!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you colorful meals to enjoy for your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert! And, they are fully vegan and plant-based!
Happy Monday! Start off this colorful week with this delicious smoothie that you can layer up to create a treat on the eyes in the morning. End the day with oodles of noodles tossed with matcha, spirulina, and mushrooms!
- Breakfast: Raspberry and Blue Spirulina Smoothie by Melanie Sorrentino
- Lunch: Vegetable Pilaf Bowl with Creamy Turmeric Dressing by Plant Power Bowls, Sapana Chandra
- Dinner: Green Tea Noodles Made with Matcha, Spirulina and Meaty Mushrooms by Stefania D’Alessandro
- Dessert: Raw Kiwi Lime Cheesecake by Meghna Purandare
Spice up your Tuesday with these amazing frappe for breakfast. The best part? Add as much coconut whip as your heart desires! If you’re not feeling frappes in the morning, opt for a matcha latte or enjoy this frappe later in the day. Plus, you can make the oat milk matcha spread instead and enjoy that on toast for a beautiful breakfast.
- Breakfast: Iced Matcha Green Tea Frappé With Coconut Whip by Crazy Vegan Kitchen with Oat Milk Matcha Spread by George Lee
- Lunch: Baked Lentil Falafel with Beetroot by Maggie Wescott
- Dinner: Mediterranean Pizza With Turmeric Falafel by Florian Nouh
- Dessert: Raw Cashew Tart With Mango and Spirulina by Lena Novak
Source: Turmeric Blackberry Crumble Bars
Spirulina is a great source for adding that pop of green to your dish. You can add it to smoothies or even add it into desserts to give it a green color. Enjoy it this week in this delicious smoothie bowl and these dumplings for lunch! Finish the day with these colorful crumble bars!
- Breakfast: Spirulina Smoothie Bowl by Kennedy Kitchings
- Lunch: Colorful Tofu Mushroom and Scallion Dumplings by Anarki “AJ” Tjon Affo
- Dinner: Rainbow Unicorn Sweet Potato Sushi by Anarki “AJ” Tjon Affo
- Dessert: Turmeric Blackberry Crumble Bars by Anarki “AJ” Tjon Affo
Source: Coconut Turmeric Porridge
It’s another colorful day in the kitchen! This day is filled with color including this coconut turmeric porridge and these delicious matcha glazed donuts!
- Breakfast: Coconut Turmeric Porridge by Taryn Fitz-Gerald
- Lunch: Orange Vinaigrette Beetroot Salad by Melissa Tedesco
- Dinner: Spiced Turmeric Broth with Roasted Vegetables by Alice Hart
- Dessert: Matcha Glazed Vanilla Bean Doughnuts With Matcha Cream Filling by Sarah Pether
Source: Turmeric Quinoa Bowls
Happy Friday! Start the last colorful day of the week off with these protein smoothies! There are definitely ways to enjoy high-protein smoothies without using protein powder. Then, for lunch, this salad is a burst of color on your plate. End the day with this wonderfully warm ginger turmeric ice cream, perfect for summer evenings.
- Breakfast: No-Protein-Powder Protein Smoothies by Carri Pattison
- Lunch: Lentil and Beetroot Salad with Tofu Feta by Aryane Héroux-Blais
- Dinner: Turmeric Quinoa Bowls by Kelli Foster
- Dessert: Turmeric Ginger Ice Cream by Julia Winnicki
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!