Oats are such a wonderfully cheap addition to your diet and there are so many different ways to use oats besides just eating oatmeal. Not only are they wonderful in smoothies, but you can use them as a binder for burgers and even as a topping for salads. These creative ways to use oats not only mean there are more ways to enjoy this grain, but that you can mix up your meals by using oats in both sweet and savory dishes. The best part is that you can even make fresh oat milk to enjoy throughout the week, too! Now, since it’s a bit unusual to eat oats for every single meal, feel free to replace some of these meals with your usual favorites, and be sure to listen to your body and nourish it well.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you oat-based meals to enjoy for your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert! And, they are fully vegan and plant-based!
Happy Monday! Start off the week with this wonderful breakfast bowl, topped with pistachios. Feel free to use your favorite fruit to top it all off; end the day with this wonderful dark chocolate granola crunch. Plus, the best part is that any leftovers you have, you can munch on during the week!
- Breakfast: Breakfast Bowl With Oats, Pistachios, and Grapefruit by Steph McKercher
- Lunch: Quinoa and White Bean Burger by Julie West
- Dinner: Easy Tempeh Oat Meatballs by Hailee Repko
- Dessert: Dark Chocolate Granola Loaf by Pamela Higgins
Source: Coconut Milkshakes and Cookies
Did you know that you can add oats into milkshakes, too? These coconut milkshakes aren’t just delicious, but they’re thick and creamy, thanks to the addition of oats. And what’s better than ending the day with a milkshake?
- Breakfast: Savory Mushroom Oats by Meredith Youngson
- Lunch: Latkes by Nava Atlas
- Dinner: Roasted Red Pepper Chickpea Burger by Angela Simpson
- Dessert: Coconut Milkshakes and Cookies by Kelly Farrier
Happy Wednesday! Have you ever tried oats in pasta? If not, this recipe is the one to try. If you’re not a fan of the ingredients, you can even try making this Zucchini-Chickpea ‘Meatballs’ With Marinara and Pasta instead. End the day with these oat blondies as a sweet treat!
- Breakfast: White Bean and Oat Omelet With Creamy Mushroom Filling by Kirsten Kaminski
- Lunch: Rice, Lentil, and Pecan Burgers by Mouthwatering Vegan (Miriam Sorrell)
- Dinner: Sweet Potato Spaghetti With Olive Toasted Oats by Annie McGee
- Dessert: Nutty Maple Chai Oat Blondies by Medha Swaminathan
Source: Almond Breakfast Cookies
Cookies for breakfast? Who would have thought it? These cookies are packed with amazing nutrients to help you start your day on the right foot. Plus, the batch can last you through next week, depending on how many you’re feeding. Enjoy this high-protein salad for lunch and follow it up with a delicious burger for dinner!
- Breakfast: Almond Breakfast Cookies by Caroline Doucet
- Lunch: High-Protein Oat Groats and Lentil Salad by Charlie Rioux
- Dinner: ‘Lamb’ Burger by Molly Patrick
- Dessert: Plant-Based Carrot Cake by Julie Zimmer
Source: Simple and Healthy Pancakes
Oats are also a wonderful base for pancakes! By grinding oats into flour, you can use that flour for so many things and it also makes very fluffy pancakes. End the day with these truffles that are super easy to make! If you have leftover oat flour from the pancakes, it’s a great way to use the rest of it!
- Breakfast: Simple and Healthy Pancakes by Natasa Christofidou
- Lunch: Crispy Beet Flatbread by Emma D’Alessandro
- Dinner: Stuffed Mushrooms With Almond Feta by Zuzana Fajkusova and Nikki Lefler
- Dessert: Coconut Flour Almond Butter Truffles by Sheri Silver
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!