Eating certain foods can help you build muscles, but that can sometimes be difficult when you’re following a plant-based diet. But, when you know what foods are best for building muscles, it becomes a bit easier. Foods that are high in protein are great, and if you can sneak in a scoop of protein powder into a dessert or smoothie, that works, too! Foods that are also helpful include edamame, tempeh and tofu, and beans. Check out this meal plan for ways to help build muscle!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you muscle-building vegan meals for your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert that are fully vegan and plant-based!
Source: Spicy Tofu With Mushroom Mince
Looking for meals that will leave you feeling amazing and help build your muscles? Check out these amazing meals like these tempeh stacks and these high protein chocolate ice pops!
- Breakfast: Tempeh Breakfast Stacks by Celine Steen
- Lunch: Zucchini and Edamame Miso Soup by Annabelle Randles
- Dinner: Spicy Tofu With Mushroom Mince by Lenny Wu
- Dessert: Chocolate Ice Pops by Nikki Stokes
Source: One Pot Tomato Basil Lentil Pasta
Start your Tuesday off with a delicious asparagus and smoked tofu benedict and end it with a deliciously easy one pot tomato basil pasta!
- Breakfast: Grilled Asparagus and Smoked Tofu Benedict by Rebekah Waters
- Lunch: TLT: Tempeh Lettuce Tomato Sandwich by Plant Protein Recipes That You’ll Love
- Dinner: One Pot Tomato Basil Lentil Pasta by Wholesome LLC
- Dessert: Chocolate Tahini Cookies by Helyn Dunn
Source: Sweet Potato and Lentil Patties
Another day full of delicious eats! Check out this wonderful granola that makes a wonderful breakfast and these amazing burgers for dinner! All of these meals are great for helping build muscles!
- Breakfast: Seedy Granola by Wendy Irene
- Lunch: Sweet Potato and Lentil Patties by Robin Browne
- Dinner: Cilantro Edamame Burger by Gunjan Dudani
- Dessert: Mini Chocolate Chip and Chia Seed Energy Muffins by Shanika Graham-White
Source: General Tso’s Tofu
Happy Thursday! Start the day with a delicious smoothie! For lunch, you’ll feel like you’re eating delicious takeout with this recipe for General Tso’s tofu! And don’t forget dessert!
- Breakfast: Chai Tea Protein Smoothie by Ashley Smyczek
- Lunch: General Tso’s Tofu by Rhea Parsons
- Dinner: Butternut Squash Black Bean Enchiladas by Kaylee Pauley
- Dessert: 10-Minute Superfood Protein Bars by Crystal Bonnet
Source: Strawberry Protein Pudding Breakfast Parfait
Happy Friday! Celebrate your week with a wonderful strawberry parfait for breakfast! And top off the week with a matcha lime cheesecake for dessert which is both perfectly sweet and full of protein!
- Breakfast: Strawberry Protein Pudding Breakfast Parfait by Kat Condon
- Lunch: Savory Edamame Mini Cakes by Celine Steen
- Dinner: Sweet and Sour Tempeh Meatballs by Allie Penner
- Dessert: High Protein Matcha Lime Cheesecake by Vicky Coates
Make Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based or even giving one of these vitamin-rich citrus meals a try, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!