If you’ve got kids at home, it can sometimes to daunting to have them in the kitchen with you. Or, you may find yourself wondering where to start with them helping in the kitchen. These recipes are wonderful to make for kids and have them in the kitchen to help. At the bottom, there are also some fun food projects that you can make with kids (and eat later!), including Butterscotch Hay Stacks by Gabrielle St. Claire! If you’re looking for more kid-friendly recipes, check out our Kid-Friendly Archive!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you ideas on how to make kid-friendly meals perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert that are fully vegan and plant-based!
Source: Eggless French Toast
Happy Monday! Get your kids in kitchen with this delicious kid-friendly meal of french toast! Have them help stir the batter and dip in the bread and when the french toast is all cooed, have them add berries or whatever toppings they want to add. For dessert, they can help make cinnamon rolls by rolling up the dough and sprinkling on the apples!
- Breakfast: Eggless French Toast by Freda Dias
- Lunch: Noodles With Magic Sauce by Amarilis Moldes
- Dinner: Five Cheese Baked Macaroni and Cheese by Joni Marie Newman
- Dessert: Apple Cinnamon Rolls by Lena Novak
Source: Crispy Protein Chickpea Nuggets
It’s Tuesday and the best way to start the day is with pancakes! Your littles ones can help mix the batter, and if they’re old enough can even handle caramelizing the bananas themselves! Lunch is a fun meal of broccoli dippers that come together quickly and end the day with yummy funfetti sprinkle cookies!
- Breakfast: Caramelized Banana and Hazelnut Pancakes by Anna Miller
- Lunch: Broccoli Veggie Dippers by High Protein Vegan, Ginny McMeans
- Dinner: Crispy Protein Chickpea Nuggets by Melanie Sorrentino with Slow Cooker Smashed Potatoes by Steven Seighman
- Dessert: Funfetti Sprinkle Cookies by Gretchen Caldwell
Another day full of kid-friendly meals! These ones come with strawberries and whipped cream, and for lunch is the ultimate grilled cheese sandwich! Enjoy a wonderful high protein dessert of brownies, with chickpeas snuck into them!
- Breakfast: Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes With Coconut Whipped Cream by Kennedy Kitchings
- Lunch: The Ultimate Vegan Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Emily von Euw
- Dinner: Crispy Seitan Fingers by Casey Muir Taylor
- Dessert: Chickpea Brownies by Chickpea Express
Source: Hydrating Super Green Smoothie
Start the day off with a wonderfully delicious green smoothie! The best part is that they can help add the veggies to the blender, or even make themselves this delicious breakfast. For lunch is a fun sandwich that you can use some extra hands to help prepare. To make it a kid-friendly meal, you can have them help mix or even put together the sandwiches!
- Breakfast: Hydrating Super Green Smoothie by Caroline Doucet
- Lunch: Sloppy BBQ Chickpea Sandwiches by The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook, Jenn Sebestyen
- Dinner: Black Bean and Tofu Tacos by Vicky Coates
- Dessert: Cookies and Cream Cupcakes by Tara Binder
Source: Cashew Butter Buckeye Brownies
Happy Friday! Today is a perfect day to start with chocolate, and the best part is, you can sneak in some frozen kale for an extra greens boost. Enjoy a wonderful dinner of spaghetti carbonara and have a warm brownie for dessert! These kid-friendly meals are wonderful to save and have for the weekend, as well!
- Breakfast: Snickers Smoothie by Chickpea Express
- Lunch: Shooting Star Pudding by The Adventurous Eaters Club by Misha and Vicky Collins
- Dinner: Spaghetti Carbonara by Kirsten Kaminski
- Dessert: Cashew Butter Buckeye Brownies by Lauren Kirchmaier
Fun Recipes to Make and Create with Kids:
If you’re looking for a few fun projects to put together and introduce your kids to the kitchen,
- Butterscotch Hay Stacks by Gabrielle St. Claire
- Spooky Spider Crackle Cake by Bake Vegan Stuff, Easy Recipes For Kids (And Adults, Too!), Sara Kidd
- Buttery Pretzels by Namita Tiwari
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.