Have you ever wondered what the ancient grains are or how to incorporate them into your life? These meals are it! Ancient grains include grains such as quinoa, teff, sourgum, freekah, millet, and buckwheat. These grains are gluten free and wonderful to add to fall meals with some roasted vegetables. These fall recipes are perfect to enjoy on chillier days.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you plant-based fall recipes made with ancient grains that are delicious meals for your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert! And, they are fully vegan and plant-based!
Happy Monday! These ancient grains are here to power you through your week! With these warming fall recipes, you’ll feel ready to conquer the week! Start of your day with these delicious Amaranth Yogurt pops and end with some yummy raspberry and tahini squares!
- Breakfast: Amaranth Yogurt Pop with Raspberries by Petra Vogel
- Lunch: Freekeh Pilaf with Dates and Pistachios by America’s Test Kitchen
- Dinner: Spelt Farfalle With Cashew Rose Sauce by Lena Novak
- Dessert: Raspberry and Tahini Puffed Millet Squares by Taryn Fitz-Gerald
Source: Rainbow Quinoa and Pear Salad
It’s Tuesday! Keep your energy up with these crunch bas for breakfast and ending the day with some delicious cheesecake!
- Breakfast: Oat and Spelt Crunchie Bars by Taryn Fitz-Gerald
- Lunch: Rainbow Quinoa and Pear Salad by Denise Perrault
- Dinner: Freekeh Risotto With Roasted Trumpet Mushrooms by Rachel Carr
- Dessert: White Coconut-Millet Cheesecake by Sylwia Radzaj
Source: Savory Sorghum Muffins
Happy Hump Day! These muffins are wonderfully savory and go well with your favorite plant based protein! Enjoy this farro bowl for dinner and end the day with some wonderfully crunchy chocolate chip cookies!
- Breakfast: Savory Sorghum Muffins by Nele Liivlaid
- Lunch: Warm Quinoa by Rachel Pauls, M.D.
- Dinner: Farro Bowl with Tofu, Mushrooms, and Spinach by America’s Test Kitchen
- Dessert: Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies Four Ways by Tara Sunshine
Source: Teff Pancakes
If you’re feeling like this week is taking forever, find some joy in these teff pancakes! Feel free to top them with your favorite fruit or whipped cream! End the day with a wonderful dal!
- Breakfast: Teff Pancakes by Julie Zimmer
- Lunch: Farro With Spice-Roasted Carrots and Dill-Garlic Tahini Sauce by Eat More Plants, Molly Krebs
- Dinner: Dal with Millet and Lentils by Nele Liivlaid
- Dessert: Amaranth Yogurt Pop with Raspberries by Petra Vogel
It’s Friday! Celebrate the last day of the week with a warming porridge for breakfast and start the weekend off right with some crispy puffed rice!
- Breakfast: Toasted Turmeric Milk Oat and Teff Porridge by Courtney West
- Lunch: Strawberry Chia Pudding with PB Oatmeal Bites by Lauren Smith
- Dinner: Millet Meatballs With Carrot and Onion Sauce by Yana Chistyakova
- Dessert: Cocoa Puffed Rice and Kamut Crispies by Annie Oliverio
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based or even giving one of these vitamin-rich citrus meals a try, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!