Fall spices are excellent, and there are so many different ways to use them. These spices mainly include cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves. It’s these spices that are used in apple cider and pumpkin spice to give each spice mix its distinct flavor. But did you know that you can also use these spices in your cooking throughout the week? Plus, feel free to add your favorite protein with some of these recipes, or even make a double batch if a meal becomes one of your favorites!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you meals inspired by fall spices to enjoy for your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert! And, they are fully vegan and plant-based!
Start off this wonderful meal plan with this coffee cake baked oatmeal! End the day with some delicious sugar cookies with maple icing to finish out your Monday.
- Breakfast: Coffee Cake Baked Oatmeal by Taavi Moore
- Lunch: Kabocha Leek Soup With Maple Cinnamon Chickpeas by Emma D’Alessandro
- Dinner: Coriander Sweet Potato Soup with Toasted Cinnamon Pecans by Caroline Doucet
- Dessert: Spiced Sugar Cookies With Maple Icing by Casey Muir Taylor
This Tuesday morning starts out with a delicious banana bread smoothie! It’s topped with pecans, nutmeg, and carob syrup, too! And end the day with this pumpkin pie custard that have a delicious brulee topping.
- Breakfast: Banana Bread Smoothie With Pecans, Nutmeg and Carob Syrup by Emily von Euw
- Lunch: Maple-Thyme Roasted Parsnips And Carrots by Lili Basic Capaccetti
- Dinner: Kale, Quinoa, and Lentil Salad by Julie Zimmer
- Dessert: Pumpkin Pie Custards With Brulee Topping by Dreena Burton
This wonderful breakfast is one that uses fall spices to keep that pep in your step on this Wednesday morning! This chai spiced iced coffee will keep you running on ten all morning, and with this delicious breakfast of gingerbread oatmeal with a cranberry sauce, you’ll feel full and satisfied as you start your day!
- Breakfast: Chai Spice Iced Coffee by Alexandra and Eian with Gingerbread Oatmeal With Warm Cranberry Orange Sauce by Mitra Shirmohammadi
- Lunch: Sweet Potato-Potato Fritters by HeeJee Lee with Three Bean and Sweet Potato Chili by Jennifer Strohmeyer
- Dinner: Tempeh and Spelt Bowl by Power Plates
- Dessert: Nutty Maple Chai Oat Blondies by Medha Swaminathan
Source: Mushroom and Kale Burgers
This day begins with a pumpkin pie, but in smoothie form and uses fall spices! If you’re worried about it having too much sugar, no worries, it’s sweetened with dates! Plus, this Mushroom and Kale burgers will power you through your Thursday and leave you feeling ready to finish out the week!
- Breakfast: Date-Sweetened Pumpkin Pie Smoothie by Caroline Doucet
- Lunch: Roasted Root Veggie Sandwich With Carrot Fries by Gabrielle St. Claire
- Dinner: Mushroom and Kale Burgers by Denise Perrault
- Dessert: Chocolate Cinnamon Cookies by Vaishali Honawar
Source: Sweet Potato Cinnamon Muffins
Happy Friday! It’s the end of the week and a perfect time for a warm muffin to begin your day. These sweet potato muffins are the perfect fall treat, and are excellent with a cup of warm coffee or tea! End your day with this hearty meal of parsnips and walnuts that you can pair with your favorite protein!
- Breakfast: Sweet Potato Cinnamon Muffins by Brandi Doming
- Lunch: Superfood Kale Salad by Medha Swaminathan
- Dinner: Parsnips With Rosemary ‘Butter’ and Walnuts by Viktoria Radichkova
- Dessert: Cinnamon Apple Brownies by Florian Nouh
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!