Umami flavor is one of those flavors that can be hard to explain or pin down. But, in simple terms, it’s a savory taste. And if you’re looking to add more flavor to your meals or looking for more meals that are deliciously savory, this meal plan is for you! From soups to oatmeal to even sushi sandwiches, these foods will have you enjoying the umami flavor!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you plant-based, umami-filled, and delicious meals for your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert! And, they are fully vegan and plant-based!
Happy Monday! Enjoy these meals that harness the amazing flavor of umami! From these yummy oats to this sushi sandwich, you’ll be excited to eat all the foods this week. End your Monday with these sweet turnovers!
- Breakfast: Tropical Steel Cut Oats by Angelina Papanikolaou
- Lunch: Miso Ramen Bowl With Tellicherry Black Pepper Tofu by Anett Velsberg
- Dinner: Onigirazu Quinoa Sushi Sandwich by Nikki and Zuzana
- Dessert: Blueberry Turnovers With Maple Miso Glaze by Heather Poire
Happy Tuesday and welcome to another day of eating umami flavors! These meals include matcha, tahini, and kimchi and all of them add that perfect umami flavor to foods!
- Breakfast: Vanilla Matcha Oatmeal by Lenny Wu
- Lunch: Mushroom, Tahini, and Miso Risotto by Marta Ansaldo and Mimma Sangiorgio
- Dinner: Korean Spicy Sweet Potato Falafel Tacos With Kimchi by Maikki Vasala
- Dessert: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake Pops by Kat Condon
It’s the middle of the week and if the week is feeling like it’s moving slowly or that there’s just simply not enough time, these meals are here to help! Start your day with kimchi potato pancakes and end your day with creamy, dreamy, matcha popsicles!
- Breakfast: Kimchi Potato Pancakes by Hyeon Jeong Yoon
- Lunch: Cucumber Seaweed Salad by Claire Ragozzino with Roasted Beetroot Hummus with Pita Chips by Elena Szeliga
- Dinner: Chickpea Miso Noodle Soup by Kris Dee | Mostly Domestic
- Dessert: Creamy Matcha Green Tea Popsicles by Larice Feuerstein
There are so many ways to enjoy savory flavors and using miso is one way to accomplish that taste! This recipe using eggplant is a great way to incorporate miso if you’ve never used it before, especially since this recipe is topped with crispy chickpeas! With a variety of flavors in that dish, you’ll be able to experience all of them in each bite!
- Breakfast: Savory Mushroom Oats by Meredith Youngson
- Lunch: Green Tea Sesame Soba Noodles With Stir Fried Tofu by Medha Swaminathan
- Dinner: Miso-Turmeric Glazed Eggplant With Spicy Chickpeas by Wicked Healthy
- Dessert: Raw Green Tea Matcha Lemon Cheesecake by Tiana Haines
Source: Savory Breakfast Tacos
Happy Friday! This is the last day of the week and the last day to enjoy these delicious yummy umami flavors. From these savory breakfast tacos and this chickpea dish, these meals will have you feeling full off day long. End your Friday with these amazing doughnuts!
- Breakfast: Savory Breakfast Tacos by Robin Browne
- Lunch: Tofu Sheet Pan Meal With “Cheezy” Miso Tahini Sauce by Lauren Kirchmaier
- Dinner: Chickpeas with Tomatoes and Onions by Pascale Naessens
- Dessert: Matcha Glazed Vanilla Bean Doughnuts With Matcha Cream Filling by Sarah Pether
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based or even giving one of these vitamin-rich citrus meals a try, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!