Sugar covers a variety of sweeteners and can make it confusing what sugar-free actually means. Sugars such as added sugars such as high fructose corn syrup, dextrose, and sugar cane are all found in processed foods, and these are the foods to avoid since they can cause uneven spikes of energy throughout your day. Keeping to a low-sugar diet means not only avoiding processed foods, but making an effort to eat more foods with natural sugars in them, such as fruit. Sugar is a sneaky ingredient and it seems to be in everything from sauces to cereal. However, when you’ve got some time to make food at home and know what sort of sweetener to use, it can be easy to cut down on your sugar intake or even go completely sugar-free. This is an excellent meal plan to follow if you’re in need of a low-sugar meal plan, or just want to sample a few low-sugar meals, including dessert!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you low-sugar meals to enjoy for your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert! And, they are fully vegan and plant-based!
Happy Monday! Start off your day with these low sugar meals. Sometimes, it can seem overwhelming to figure out where to start. Enjoy this day with a wonderful frappe, a delicious chickpea salad with grapes, and end the day with a wonderfully sweet fruit tart!
- Breakfast: Toasted Caramel Frappe by Kat Condon
- Lunch: Curry Chickpea Salad with Grapes by Kristen Genton
- Dinner: Summer Daikon Rolls with Avocado and Micro Greens by Vegan: The Cookbook by Jean-Christian Jury
- Dessert: Summer Fruit Tart With Creamy Cashew Filling by Buffy-Ellen Gill
Source: Watermelon Quinoa Kale Salad
The second day of the week can make the week feel like it’s dragging by, especially if you’re not grabbing something to keep you awake and alert. If you’re looking for more steady energy throughout the day, try out this tofu scramble with a southwestern twist! End the day with a delicious gelato!
- Breakfast: Southwestern Tofu Scramble With Roast Potatoes by Rini Desai
- Lunch: Watermelon Quinoa Kale Salad by Lauren Kirchmaier
- Dessert: Fresh Peach Gelato by Simona Malerba
It’s the middle of the week and the best way to keep powering through the week is with this wonderful strawberry banana baked oatmeal. Plus, you can end the day with a yummy milkshake that you can decorate with chocolate and raspberries!
- Breakfast: Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal by Kat Condon
- Lunch: Toasted Orzo with Roasted Garlic and Asparagus by Adam Merrin and Ryan Alvarez
- Dinner: Pesto Pasta by Hannah Sunderani
- Dessert: Creamy Coconut Shake With Raspberries by Deniz Kilic
Start your Thursday with this delicious chia pudding! The best part of this pudding is that you can top it with banana nice cream! End the day with these chickpea blondies that can be made with seven ingredients!
- Breakfast: Coconut Chia Pudding by Lena Ropp
- Lunch: Sun-Dried Tomato, Basil, and Spinach Pinwheels by Emily Brees
- Dinner: Hushpuppies With Remoulade by Hailee Repko
- Dessert: 7-Ingredient Peanut Butter Chickpea Blondies by James Wythe
Happy Friday! Enjoy this day and finish on a sweet note with these delicious meals! Start your day off with some homemade cereal. Feel free to make a double batch to have enough for the next week. End your Friday and start the weekend with a yummy almond butter soft serve!
- Breakfast: 3-Ingredient Chocolate Cereal by Sara Grandominico
- Lunch: Grilled Cauliflower Doner Wraps by Adam Merrin and Ryan Alvarez
- Dinner: 15-Minute Zucchini, Pea, and Watercress Minestrone by 15 Minute Vegan: Fast, Modern Vegan Cooking
- Dessert: Crunchy Almond Butter Soft Serve Ice Cream by Pauline Hanuise
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!