The day has finally arrived! Today, August 14th, is National Creamsicle Day here in the United States. We hope this news brings you the same joy that you felt whenever you heard the familiar jingles of the ice cream truck. If you are not yet familiar with creamsicles, they are a cross between ice cream and a popsicle. Underneath a citrusy orange outer shell is a creamy vanilla ice cream filling.
Whether you’re in the mood for an icy treat or for a baked dessert, you can celebrate this food holiday without dairy! Here are some orange and vanilla-flavored recipes that are creamsicle-inspired. Choose your favorite and then share it with friends and family to honor the iconic popsicle!
Enjoy the flavors of your favorite popsicle in cookie form! These Creamsicle Coconut Cookies use orange juice and zest to get their bright, citrusy flavor. Coconut flakes are tossed in and sprinkled on top for extra flare. Though they are warm and crumbly, these cookies provide the same nostalgic taste of icy creamsicles.
These Raw Orange Ice Cream Cake Pops take inspiration from two cold summertime classics: ice cream and creamsicles! These adorable bites look exactly like baby ice cream cones, but you don’t have to worry about them melting all over your hands. The raw orange-infused truffles are bright and citrusy- reminiscent of the creamsicle flavors and just what you want from a summertime snack.
Get the Blissful Cookbook!
The flavors from these Orange Dreamsicle Cupcakes will take you right back to your childhood of ice cream trucks, drippy popsicles, and sticky fingers. These cupcakes are a great vessel for the citrusy taste of creamsicles because they can be enjoyed year-round. They are a sophisticated version of the iconic pop that’s perfect for parties.
This egg-free Blood Orange Crème Brûlée is velvety, creamy, and utterly delicious. The bright tangy bite from the orange infused in the custard filling helps prevent this dessert from being too rich or overly sweet. When combined with the fresh vanilla scraped right from the bean, it tastes identical to the vanilla and orange flavors of a creamsicle.
These Creamsicle Truffles, taste just like the ice cream version but are dairy-free and contain no refined sugars, making them a healthier homemade alternative. The base of the truffles is made from shredded coconut and is then infused with orange flavor. These bites are great if you are on the hunt for a no-mess, grab-and-go dessert, or sweet treat.
These Raw Carrot-Orange Cupcakes With Coconut Cream are a burst of fresh, citrusy goodness that is perfect on a hot day! The “cupcake” is made from sweet, sticky dates, oranges, warm spices, coconut, and carrots. If the taste of fresh orange in the cake wasn’t enough, these cupcakes are topped with a coconut whipped topping that completes the creamsicle flavor profile.
Milk-making has never been easier or more rewarding! This Creamsicle Cashew Milk will leave you perplexed yet oh-so satisfied because it tastes like you are drinking an actual liquified creamsicle. The milk is naturally sweetened with dates and has notes of creamy vanilla and tangy, bright orange.
Just as flavorful as it is elegant! Orange Almond Cheesecake is a great way to enjoy the taste of a creamsicle in a fancier form. The base of the cheesecake is made of fresh oranges, coconut flour, almond flour, and lemon. It is topped with the most divine, decadent, citrus cream cheese icing.
Who doesn’t enjoy healthy treats? These zesty 5-Ingredient Raw Orange Bars are 100 percent raw, take only five ingredients to make, and can be whipped up in less than an hour! They are naturally sweetened by dates and oranges, making them the ideal treat if you are looking to cut back on refined sugars.
Let’s be real. If you are craving the taste of a creamsicle, what can satisfy that craving more than a creamsicle itself? Vanilla Coconut Orange Creamsicles are a dairy-free and grain-free rendition on the ice cream truck classic. The vanilla cream layer is made from cool, creamy coconut milk while the orange layer is fresh-squeezed orange juice with a touch of orange zest.
Now let’s celebrate! Enjoy one or more of these sweet treats in honor of this momentous occasion.
And if your sweet tooth is still not satisfied…
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.