Do you love masala? Luckily, this TikToker shared an epic vegan meal that will give your lunch a delicious makeover! You have to try this protein-packed chickpea masala sandwich if you’re looking to add some flavor to your day.
@sovegan CHICKPEA MASALA SANDWICH full recipe on our website #food #fyp #recipes #vegan #veganfood #veganrecipes #foodtiktok ♬ Them Changes – Thundercat
Chickpeas are mashed to a chunky paste and mixed with a fragrant spice blend. Vegan mayo and yogurt are added for a creamy texture. Raw vegetables are added to give this sandwich an extra crunch.
This recipe won’t break the bank and is delicious, nutritious, and affordable. The best thing about curries is that they taste amazing, if not better, the next day! So feel free to make a big batch of this chickpea curry and save some for leftovers! Throw it on slices of bread, serve it over fluffy rice with naan, or eat it on its own!
Chickpeas are packed with several important vitamins and minerals, including folate, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, and manganese. They’re also a great source of plant-based protein, complex carbohydrates, and dietary fiber, making them a filling, satisfying, and heart-healthy choice.
For more simple and tasty vegan recipes, follow so vegan on TikTok!
- Spotlight on Chickpeas: Health Benefits, Tips, and Recipes
- 15 Tasty Indian Tikka Masala Recipes Made Vegan!
- 15 Ways to Use Indian Masala to Flavor Your Vegetables!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!