Uber Eats’ recent survey of forecasted 2020 food trends shows a heavy emphasis towards vegan, vegetarian and plant-based foods. Dairy-free milks will also continue to grow in popularity. Here are some trends to expect in 2020!
Don’t forget to check out Grubhub’s Top Food Delivery Trends for 2019!
- Star Fruit Delight Smoothie
- Weekly Meal Plan: Vitamin C-Rich Vegan Meals!
- How Vitamin C Can Improve Your Heart Health
- 8 Surprising Fruits and Veggies That Contain More Vitamin C Than Oranges
- Homemade Vitamin C Powder Made From Organic Orange Peels
Reishi is a the hottest new adaptogen in the market. Find it in drinks or teas. Read more about reishi and the benefits of adaptogens below:
- Chocolate Reishi Latte
- Adaptogens and Tinctures to Try
- 10 Plant-Based Adaptogenic Tinctures and Extracts to Boost Immunity
- 10 Plant-Based Adaptogenic Supplements to Provide Energy
- 10 Beneficial Plant-Based Adaptogens To Use For Their Healing Abilities
- 10 Plant-Based Adaptogenic Supplements to Reduce Inflammation
- 15 Plant-Based Adaptogenic Recipes
- 10 Plant-Based Adaptogenic Teas to Reduce Stress and Provide Calm
- 15 Plant-Based Adaptogenic Recipes
- Adaptogenic Nut-Granola [Vegan]
- Feel Stress-Free With These 15 Amazing Adaptogenic Recipes!
- Adaptogenic Chocolate Zucchini Smoothie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Try These Plant-Based Natural Aphrodisiacs to Boost Your Libido
- Cancer Fighting Properties of Plant-Based Keto Diet
- Easy Keto Vegan Recipes
- 15 Vegan Keto High in Fat and Protein
- Breaking Down the Ketogenic Diet for Plant-Based Dieters
- 15 Easy Vegan Ketotarian Recipes!
- 10 Tasty Vegan Keto Snacks You Can Order Online!
- Trying Ketogenic Or Ketotarian Diets As a Vegan
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner The Vegan Keto Way
Harissa is a condiment that’s rapidly growing in popularity. Native to North Africa, it’s made with dried chiles, garlic, and tomato paste. Add it to salads or put it on your burger. Find harissa recipe ideas below:
- Harissa Tofu Scramble
- Carrot Harissa Soup
- Hemp and Harissa Hummus
- 15-Minute Harissa Eggplant Kebabs With Cucumber Mint Relish [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Moroccan Roasted Carrots With Harissa [Vegan]
- Beet Chickpea Burgers With Harissa Spread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Harissa Grilled Eggplant [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Harissa Roasted Roots With Crispy Chickpeas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Homemade Harissa [Vegan]
- Ingredient Spotlight: Harissa, the Spicy North African Condiment You Need in Your Pantry
- Warm Cauliflower, Chickpea, Kale, and Harissa Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Jollof Rice: West African Rice With Harissa and Baharat [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Cold brew will continue it’s morning takeover in 2020. Did you know you can make your own cold brew at home?
- Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate
- Cold Brew Coffee and Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- Cold Brew Ice Cream
- 10 Tasty Alternatives to Cold Brew
What’s cold brew without oat milk? The dairy-free fav will grow in popularity in 2020. Companies like Quaker, Silk, Califia, Perry’s, Starbucks, Elmhurst and more all launched oat milk products in 2019. Obsessed With Oat Milk? Here’s How You Can Make Your Own At Home!. Below are some more homemade recipes for you:
Udon Noodles are another Uber Eats pick. These chewy noodles are perfect in a winter soup! Try these udon recipes:
It wouldn’t be a trend list without the Impossible Burger. The burger that’s taken over menus and delivery will continue to dominate in 2020. It debuted at Red Robin, Applebee’s, Burger King, White Castle, Disney, Fatburger and across various grocery stores, universities and countries in 2019. This bleeding meat is taking over the beef market, and will soon debut a meatless pork product!
While the Impossible Burger sure is delicious, here are some non-processed meaty burgers you can make at home:
- 15 Homemade Plant-Based Burgers You Must Make!
- 15 High-Protein Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 25 Plant-Based Sliders!
- Ultimate Guide to Vegan Sandwiches, Wraps, and Sliders!
- How to Make the Perfect Veggie Burger Patty: No More Falling Apart!
Rounding out the plant-based hot list is kimchi. Probiotic and full of flavor. What’s not to love? Make these kimchi recipes:
- Kimchi Poutine
- Homemade Kimchi
- Kimchi Potato Pancakes
- 8 Probiotic Recipes Using Kimchi For Better Gut Health
- Korean Spicy Sweet Potato Falafel Tacos With Kimchi [Vegan]
- Kimchi Potato Pancakes [Vegan]
- 15 Gut-Healthy Vegan Recipes Featuring Kimchi
- Kimchi Pancake [Vegan]
- Gochujang Kimchi Sausages [Vegan]
- Don’t Miss These 15 Unique Ways to Use Kimchi!
- Kimchi Chigae: Korean Kimchi Stew [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects. Learn about some Common Health Concerns That May Disappear Once You Ditch Dairy and 10 Calcium Supplements For Healthy Living on a Dairy-Free and 10 Carrageenan-Free Non-Dairy Products!
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, plant-based, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!