On Monday, Tyson Foods Inc, the largest producer of meat in the US, announced its launch of new plant-based burgers and sausages under the Raised & Rooted label.
The new plant-based meat products are soy-free and made of pea protein. They contain 17–21 grams of protein per serving as well as 75 percent less saturated fat than traditional versions. The cost is between $4.99 and $7.99.
David Ervin, vice president of marketing for Raised & Rooted, commented, “Our products are plants made meatier, and deliver the same delicious flavors, in a better-for-you alternative.”
Tyson Foods entered the plant-based market with the Raised & Rooted label in 2019. In the past, they have experimented with a half-plant-based, half-meat burger, as well as vegetarian nuggets that featured egg whites. The burger and egg whites were both phased out.
The launch of these new plant-based meat products comes shortly after Beyond Meat’s announcement of a new meatier, healthier Beyond Burger. Consumers speculate that this could provide some competition.
Below are some amazing homemade plant-based burger and sausage recipes to try at home!
- 15 Hearty High-Protein Lentil Burgers!
- 10 Vegan Hot Dogs and Sausages to Make at Your Next Barbecue!
- 15 Protein-Packed, Meat-Free Burgers and Sandwiches That Will Keep You Full and Satisfied All Day
- #SausageDay: Ditch the Meat and Make These 10 Plant-Based Sausages!
- 15 Grain-Free Veggie Burgers That Are Packed With Protein
- 15 Homemade Veggie Dogs and Sausage Recipes for #NationalHotDogDay
- 10 Epic Veggie Burgers to Throw on the Grill Now
- Reinvent Sausage With These Plant-Based Recipes
- 15 High-Protein Veggie Burgers!
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
- New Healthier Beyond Burger Available at Grocery Stores Nationwide Starting Next Week
- Impossible Foods is Developing Plant-based Milk to Taste and Function like Cow’s Milk
- Nathan’s Famous Launches Vegan Hot Dog
- Walmart Launches Line of Dairy-Free Cheese
- Impossible Foods and Beyond Meat Defend Their Products Against Claims of Using Processed Ingredients
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!