Hummus is a well-loved condiment among almost all plant-based eaters. What’s not to love? It’s savory, satisfying, creamy, a great source of protein, fiber, healthy fats, and it’s easy to make. Unfortunately, many store-bought options contain unhealthy oils and additives that are just not needed. Here are some top tips for making the creamiest oil-free homemade hummus:
@eatsbyramya Homemade Hummus without Oil #hummus #healthyrecipes #weightlossjourney #veganrecipes #chickpeas #mediterraneanrecipes #healthyfood ♬ original sound – EatsByRamya : Healthy Recipes
The first tip to make the creamiest oil-free hummus is to soak your chickpeas for at least 8 hours before blending. Soaking helps soften the skin, making it easier to break down and creating that smooth texture that hummus is known for.
The second tip is to add baking soda to your chickpeas once they have been cooked. This helps the chickpeas shed their skin more easily during the cooking process.
Adding ice cubes to your recipe is a hack that can help elevate your hummus. Although it might seem random, ice cubes can help the mixture stay smooth and creamy and contributes to its vibrant color.
Another tip that many people may overlook is the order in which you blend your hummus ingredients. The order can actually make or break the consistency of your hummus. Instead of adding all the ingredients at once and blending, try blending the tahini, lemon, spices and ice cubes first, and then add in the chickpeas to get the smoothest consistency.
Making homemade hummus is a great way to enjoy a delicious and healthy snack. Use it as a dip or add it to sandwiches and salads for a boost of protein and fiber! With these top tips, you’ll be able to make the creamiest homemade hummus in no time. Enjoy!
- 8 Unique Ways to Make Hummus
- Classic Lemon Garlic Hummus
- Spotlight on Chickpeas: Health Benefits, Tips and Recipes
- Why Chickpeas Are the Go-To Ingredient for Every Healthy Plant-Powered Cook
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.