The power of chiaseeds. #chiaseed #sprouttok #sprouting #sprouts #vegan #vegantiktok #vegantok #healthyliving #healthandwellness #richroll #richrollpodcast #healer #healersoftiktok #organic #nongmo #fyp #foryou
Chia seeds are small but mighty and are packed with so many wonderful nutrients in only a couple of tablespoons! There are so many ways to prepare and eat chia seeds, the most common being in smoothies, yogurts, or oatmeal. However, there are even more ways to incorporate this little seed into your plant-based diet.
In a clip by @sproutwiz on TikTok, he speaks about the power of the chia. Chia seeds can grow up to 20 times their size. If you soak chia seeds and put them on a chia pad, an unglazed clay pot, or a saucer, in just a week, these tiny seeds will grow to be 20 times their size. The seeds will grow soluble and insoluble fiber, omega-3s, and chlorophyll. Plus, you can eat the whole thing, stem and all!
Check out our guide Sprouted Food 101: What is It, Why is it Healthy, and Where to Get it. If you still want to get all the amazing benefits of chia but aren’t a fan of sprouts, check out these 15 Recipes Featuring the Mighty Chia Seeds!
- 15 Recipes Featuring the Mighty Chia Seeds
- Weekly Spotlight: Incorporating Chia Seeds Into Your Diet!
- Tips for Using Flax and Chia Seeds to Replace Eggs in Baking and Cooking
- 15 Wholesome Recipes Using the Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
- Have We Been Eating Chia Seeds Wrong This Whole Time?
- 10 Easy DIY Home Sprouting Kits
- Sprouted Food 101: What is It, Why is it Healthy, and Where to Get it
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.