Do you love the taste of deli meat but feel guilty about the environmental impact of traditional animal-based products? Good news – Renegade Foods has launched an industry-first product that will revolutionize the vegan culinary world. The Bay Area-based company has developed shelf-stable vegan salamis that can be stored, shipped, and merchandised without refrigeration, reducing the need for packaging and cold storage.
Honoring Old-World European Tradition
Renegade Foods honors centuries-old traditions from Europe by using wholesome organic ingredients and traditional meat preservation techniques. The result is a delicious and nutritious product with excellent nutritional value, including 18g of protein per serving and a third of the fat of animal salamis. CEO and Co-Founder of Renegade Foods, Iona Campbell, says the guiding principle for creating shelf stability was maintaining the robust flavors created from whole food ingredients and spices without over-processing, flavor additives or preservatives.
A Sustainable Alternative
The launch of Renegade Foods’ shelf-stable vegan salamis is a sustainable alternative to traditional meat-based products that require refrigeration and have a short shelf life. “Shelf-stable is a game-changer for our business, our customers, and the category,” says Campbell. “Instantly, we can decrease our environmental impact by reducing our packaging by over 80% and removing the need for cold storage.” This innovative approach to vegan deli meat has won the hearts of top chefs, retailers, and consumers around the United States.
Renegade Foods has had some recent successes, including a record 4th quarter in 2022, a “sold-out” holiday season with the venerable gift basket company Harry & David, and the addition of several new accounts to their roster of restaurants and hotels. The company’s line of premium smoked meats made from high-quality plant-based ingredients has been a hit with customers looking for a sustainable and delicious alternative to traditional deli meat.
About Renegade Foods
Founded in 2019 by Iona Campbell and Kalie Marder, Renegade Foods combines chef talent with traditional meat preservation technology to bring plant-based products to deli counters, restaurant kitchens, and home cooks. The company is headquartered in Berkeley, CA, and is committed to producing sustainable and delicious vegan deli meat products.
Join the Movement
With Renegade Foods’ shelf-stable vegan salamis, you can enjoy a delicious and sustainable alternative to traditional meat-based products. By making small changes to our daily lives, we can help to reduce our impact on the planet. So, the next time you’re at the deli counter or shopping for groceries, look out for Renegade Foods’ shelf-stable vegan salamis and other sustainable alternatives. Together, we can make a difference.
Renegade Foods has launched an industry-first product that is not only delicious but also sustainable. Their shelf-stable vegan salamis are a great alternative to traditional meat-based products and have been a hit with top chefs, retailers, and consumers around the United States. Join the movement towards a more sustainable future by choosing Renegade Foods’ shelf-stable vegan salamis and other sustainable alternatives. Together, we can make a difference!
- LA’s First Vegan Butcher Shop Opening With Impressive Menu
- Meat Company Launches All-Vegan Jerky Line
- 10 Must-Try Vegan Sandwiches in New York City
- 10 Plant-Based Pepperoni Recipes
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.