Have you been to your local farmer’s market lately? Summer is in full swing, which means the local farmers are bringing out the best and freshest fruit, veggies, and berries you’re going to find (outside of your own garden). This week, I picked out some local strawberries with the intention of baking up a summery, berry bread. Soft, moist, and almost cake-like, it surpassed my expectations. I also loved that it retained some if it’s natural pink color.
Strawberry Loaf [Vegan]
- 1 ¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Pureed Strawberries
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare one 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Stir together the flour, sugar, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Blend the pureed strawberries, oil, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spoon into prepared pan, and smooth top.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes (until an inserted toothpick comes out clean).
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to rack.