Fall is a bittersweet time for me. The leaves are changing, the days are growing shorter, and my bones can already feel the chill coming on, but, none of that matters when I'm curled up in a snuggie eating my weight in squash, soup, and roasted root veggies. These tacos are a great way to use up the last of your summer zucchini and tomatoes while saying goodbye to the summer season. I love the mix of this spicy zucchini with the cooling tomatoes and avocado. If you want a heartier meal, these are perfect with some marinated tempeh. And if you don't have tortillas for wrapping, sauteed spicy zucchini and fresh tomato also make the perfect stand-alone salad.
Spicy Zucchini and Tomato Tacos [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Spicy Zucchini and Tomato Tacos [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- red chili pepper flakes to taste
- freshly-ground sea salt and pepper to taste
- 8 medium (or 12 small) whole wheat or corn tortillas
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, de-stremmed and chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted, skinned, and sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
How to Prepare Spicy Zucchini and Tomato Tacos [Vegan]
- Add the olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add the zucchini, garlic, paprika, oregano, and chili powder. Saute for 5 minutes, flipping zucchini, until both sides are evenly browned. Add red chili pepper flakes, sea salt, and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Distribute zucchini evenly among the tortillas. Top with fresh tomato slices, cilantro, avocado slices, and red onion slices. Serve immediately.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.