Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
As fall approaches, the leaves begin to turn and the air gets a little crisper, there is little that warms my soul more than the perfect bowl of soup. Roasted vegetables and zesty herbs speak to the season- though the days are getting a little shorter and colder, nature's bounty is still alive and well. This is one of my favorite recipes for this time of year- simple but so flavorful.
Roast Brussels Sprouts and Rosemary Soup [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Roast Brussels Sprouts and Rosemary Soup [Vegan]
- 2 cups fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp sage
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable stock (or water)
- about 3 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Prepare Roast Brussels Sprouts and Rosemary Soup [Vegan]
- Lightly grease a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and lay sprouts across the sheet.
- Roast in the oven at 325 for about 20 minutes, until softened and browned slightly. Meanwhile, lightly grease a saucepan with cooking spray and drop onions in.
- Cover and cook on medium-low heat for about 15 minutes, and then add the garlic. Continue to cook, covered, about 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally (to be sure they don’t stick), until softened and slightly caramelized (they’ll have a sweet smell). In a different baking dish, steam the cauliflower until cooked (I used the microwave).
- Once all of these items are cooked, unless you have a huge food processor you’ll probably need to work in batches. Add the veggies to the food processor, and then the spices, lemon juice, vegetable stock, and about half the water.
- Puree until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan or pot over the stove, and add the rest of the water, the balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir and cover until hot, and serve!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Brussels Sprouts