They turned out exactly as I had hoped. Soft chocolate pieces holding together raw, dairy-free ice cream. In fact, I used three different kinds of ice cream for these guys. Banana soft serve, olive oil, and vanilla caramel. Each one is unique and delicious in it's own special way... AW SO SWEET (literally). My boyfriend liked them so much that he tried to eat them all but I was able to stop his beastly manner and satisfy his sweet tooth with just one. Must save the rest for my family! And... myself. Chocolate & Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches: makes 8-10, depending on the size
Raw Ice Cream Sandwiches
Ingredients You Need for Raw Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 cup buckwheat groats, preferably soaked in water for 1-3 hours
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 cup dates, or more as needed
- 2 tablespoons nut butter (optional)
- banana ice cream OR
- coconut ice cream (this is the more decadent option)
How to Prepare Raw Ice Cream Sandwiches
- To make the crust, pulse the dry ingredients in your food processor until it's like a rough flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until it forms a ball or clumps together.
- Using half the crust mixture, press into the bottom of cookie cutter molds or whatever else you want to use.
- Scoop softened ice cream into each one and then set in the freezer for an hour or so, until the ice cream is hard again.
- Press on the remaining half of the crust mixture.
- Let them set in the freezer for 30 more minutes and then push them out of the molds, gently. Enjoy!
Ice Cream recipes can be found on This Rawsome Vegan Life.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Raw Cacao
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.