This recipe is delightful and - I give you fair warning here - difficult to stop eating. The crust is a mix of nuts, dates, cacao and cinnamon so it is like a spiced chocolate base; then the "creme layer" is a smooth blend of black coffee, cashews, and a whole food sweetener of your choice (everyone has their preference). I drizzled a salted caramel sauce on top made from date paste and sea salt; and for the finishing touch added some goji berries, raw pumpkin seeds and coffee beans for colour and contrast. HECK YA.
Raw Coffee Creme Pie With Chocolate Crust [Vegan]
Cashew coffee vanilla creme Ingredients:
- 2 cups raw cashews
- seeds scraped from 1 vanilla pod
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup very strong, brewed organic coffee
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup dates
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup dates covered in enough water (or coffee) to cover them
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (optional)
- To make the creme, blend all ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- To make the crust, process the nuts into a rough flour in your food processor and add all the other ingredients until you can press it together, then press it into the bottom of lined small spring-form pan. Scoop on the creme and let it set in the fridge or freezer.
- To make the caramel drizzle, blend the dates, water/coffee, salt and nut butter (if using) until smooth and pretty liquid. If it is too thick - add more water; if too thin - add more dates. Drizzle on top of your creme pie and garnish with coffee beans, goji berries and pumpkin seeds. DEVOUR.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Would love to make this but ingredients price is of consideration but need to make sure half the recipe would make enough.
What size spring0form pan does this fill?
what do you do with the cashews? do you process them or leave them whole?