A tasty pesto sauce with some very nutritious secrets, this recipe is a superfood twist on classic Italian cuisine.
Quinoa With Pesto and Sun-Dried Tomatoes [Vegan]
4 - 6
Ingredients You Need for Quinoa With Pesto and Sun-Dried Tomatoes [Vegan]
- ½ cup (packed) sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups (packed) chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 1⁄3 cup EFA Oil (like hemp oil, flax oil, or a blend)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freeze-dried wheatgrass powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups (packed) baby spinach, cut into chiffonade (aka extra thin)
How to Prepare Quinoa With Pesto and Sun-Dried Tomatoes [Vegan]
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in some hot water for 30 minutes or until soft. Slice thinly.
- Use a food processor to blend the basil, hemp seeds, both oils, wheatgrass powder, nutritional yeast, sea salt and garlic into a pesto sauce. In a large bowl, toss some of the pesto (use as much as desired) with the quinoa, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. Serve cold or gently heat.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.