With the sweltering heat of the summer persuasively turning our attention towards rehydration from iced drinks, fresh fruits, and veggies, quality proteins can often miss the plate. You can easily solve this problem by blending mixed plant based proteins into a refreshing smoothie!
Piña Colada Smoothie
- 1 full scoop of tropical smoothie mix
- ¾ cup of coconut water
- 2 Tablespoons coconut manna
- ½- ¾ cup of ice ½ of a vanilla pod (Madagascar beans are best), seeds scraped into blender
- 2-4 one inch chunks of pineapple
- Add all ingredients but ice into a blender.
- Cut vanilla pod in half and then slice the half lengthwise.
- Scrape seeds into the blender with a spoon.
- Blend until coconut manna is blended.
- Add ice, blend and serve.
If pineapple is not in season, the Vega Tropical Tango Energizing Smoothie mix gives a great tropical flavor on its own.