There's granola, the delicious, crunchy cereal that we've all come to know and love, and then there's a granola, which Urban Dictionary ever so eloquently describes as: "An adjective used to describe people who are environmentally aware (flower child, tree-hugger), open-minded, left-winged, socially aware and active, queer or queer-positive, anti-oppressive/discriminatory (racial, sexual, gender, class, age, etc.) with an organic and natural emphasis on living, who will usually refrain from consuming or using anything containing animals and animal by-products." If being a granola is wrong, then I don't want to be right. These cookies are certainly fit for a granola, or anyone else who simply loves gooey yet crunchy, filling yet delicate, and refined but nostalgic vegan sweets.
Peanut Butter Granola Cookies [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Peanut Butter Granola Cookies [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/3 cup organic dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup organic apple sauce
- 3/4 cup all natural peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup organic all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups granola
- 1/3 cup whole oats
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Vegan nutella for frosting
How to Prepare Peanut Butter Granola Cookies [Vegan]
- In large bowl, combine margarine and brown sugar, and beat until fluffy.
- Add in apple sauce, peanut butter, agave, and vanilla, and stir until combined.
- Make a well in the center of dough, and add flour, stirring until incorporated.
- Next, stir in granola, one cup at a time, and finally oats, until dough is solid enough to stay together. If dough is too loose, add another 1/4 cup of oats and 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Drop dough by tablespoon onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes, until edges are just browned.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from sheet to cooling rack.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Peanut Butter
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.