The other day I was trying to figure out a new recipe to try out for my blog The Sweet Life, but the more I forced my mind to work, the more distracted I got until I realized I was just too tired to think straight. My daughter, who has been transitioning out of a swaddle, into a crib while feeling the growing pains of teething, had kept me up for several long nights in a row and for the first time I began feeling like most new parents, tired. So as I was nodding off while Eden nursed a great idea came to me. The Frapp-pop: a delicious way to get an extra kick of caffeine midday.
Mocha Frapp Pops [Vegan]
- 3 cups soy milk
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp instant coffee
- 3-4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp cocoa powder
- Mix all the ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl with a whisk until coffee and cocoa powder dissolve. Pour mixture through a strainer into a shallow container or ice cube tray and freeze.
- Once frozen, break (or cut with a hot knife) frozen Frapp-pops into small pieces that your blender can handle (it may need to defrost a little) and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into popsicle molds and refreeze.
- This double freeze method gives the frapp-pops a smoother, creamier texture. If you were to pour directly into popsicle molds without the first freeze, the popsicles would turn out icy and flaky. You’ll be glad you made the extra step.
For classic frappuchino, omit cocoa powder and reduce sugar by 1 tbsp.